The important things to remember!
1. Presumably you’ve booked your flight already. If not, what the heck are you waiting for! And don’t forget that your wedding dress will be going hand luggage for obvious reasons!
2. Hire car – have you told your guests to book their’s already? Last year the Balearic islands received more than 10 million tourists and that was just until August!
3. Travel documents? Yes, your passport that you haven’t taken out in a while! Is it still valid for travel? Don’t leave it till the last minute!
4. Did you choose your’s yet? Are they in a safe place and who’s responsible for remembering to bring them with you? Maybe leave them with your passports for safety’s sake!
5. Bridesmaids and groomsmen – did you take them out for a drink yet and go through what you expect of them on your big day? A hint…. someone has to hold the lippy and tissues and that’s not you my dear! And for you Mr Groom to be, your guys are holding the fort and that is the most important job of the day!
6. Can you plan a quick getaway, just the two of you, to go through the arrangements and then once you see that it’s all in place, leave it and get on with your busy lives. Before you know it, you’ll be here in Mallorca and your wedding day will be about to begin!
Choosing the perfect suppliers
7. Your wedding planner has everything organised with all your suppliers are in place and s/he knows who’ll be where and when that’ll be – relax, that’s their job and they’re very good at what they do! If you are still anxious, drop them an email, you’ll be happy you did as it will reassure you that you did pick the best!
8. Book a date for your final catch up – in person – with your celebrant, as close to the big day as possible. She will be there to calm your nerves and give you some last minute important tips for your big day and as the ceremony is the first part of it, she’ll be the one who’ll know just how to keep you calm!
Yes you do!
9. As far as the ceremony is concerned, this is the most important part of the day as it sets the tone for the whole wedding. If your songs and readings are chosen and your vows done, then it looks like you’re all set to say, I do!
10. Finally, when you wake up in the mornings, turn to each other and take a few minutes to gaze into each other’s eyes. Before you know it, you’ll be married and you’ll never get this moment back! This is not the beginning, this is part and parcel of the long journey ahead – enjoy every precious moment!
¡Vivan los novios! Or…. long live the bride and groom… as we say in English!